Healthcare success story
“Exadel customized and implemented open source access and identity management technologies, improving clinician productivity. This allowed physicians, nurses, and caregivers to focus more time on patient care.”
– Nick Yoo, Senior Director of Information Security Architecture at McKesson Corporation
As the oldest and largest health care services company in the United States, McKesson plays an integral role in the healthcare industry and has a unique vision for its future. McKesson serves more than 50% of American hospitals, 20% of physicians, and 100% of health plans. As the largest pharmaceutical distributor in North America, it delivers one-third of all medications used in the region every day.
McKesson applications are used by a diverse group of users. To serve these users better, the company wanted to radically improve efficiencies while meeting industry-specific security and regulation requirements.
Exadel partnered with McKesson to implement a comprehensive set of security solutions including Corporate Active Directory SSO (single sign-on) and Identity Management UI.
Exadel has an extensive security background and was able to quickly put together the best-suited technology stack for meeting McKesson’s security needs:
- OpenAM (access management, entitlements, and federation server)
- OpenDJ (directory server)
- OpenIDM (identity management system)
- LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- WS-Security (secure web services extension to SOAP—Simple Object Access Protocol)
- Federated security
- SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language)
- STS (Secure Token Service)
- OAuth (authentication protocol)
This set of security solutions surpassed all of McKesson’s expectations in its impact on business value. Exadel met and exceeded each goal: a high-quality valuable product, reduced cost, improved efficiencies, and high customer satisfaction.